Barra Californiana Team Member – SoCal SC (San Bernardino, CA)
Have you been to a soccer match? Do you want to be a part of the action? Now is your chance! If you have a passion for sports, soccer, or events, then our Barra Californiana positions are perfect for you! If you have been looking to break into the sports industry or you are a student thinking about a career in sports, then Barra Californiana is a great place to start.
Barra Californiana represents SoCal SC across a variety of engagements; our Barra Californiana team members are some of the most knowledgeable members of our sporting community. Through active fan engagement, they help provide memorable experiences to SoCal SC fans at each home match.
What does a Barra Californiana member do?
Members will be asked to represent and promote SoCal SC at a variety of events annually with the goal of enhancing the fan experience through positive, energetic fan interaction. These events include, but are not limited to: home games, special events, sports tournaments, partner appearances, festivals, mobile marketing vehicle locations, etc.
Members are asked to help with event load-in and load-out as well as all operational needs and activation of the following elements while at events representing SoCal SC:
- Handout premium items
- Facilitate on-site promotions
- Interact with fans
- Communicate general information
- Responsible for fan engagement and data collection at each event
- Assist with other tasks as assigned by Manager/Supervisor.
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidates will reside locally and can begin work in February 2016. There are no guaranteed number of hours per week, scheduling is set on an as needed event/game basis. The opportunity is expected to last up to half year (6 months). Also expect opportunities to step into the mascot suit, always a good time!
- Must be at least 18 years of age. High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30lbs frequently; requires prolonged standing.
- Required to travel frequently, bulk of travel is within the Inland Empire area.
- Hard working, detail-oriented and results-driven.
- Organized with the ability to multi-task and effectively solve problems in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to be a team player and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Possess excellent communication and customer-service skills.
- Must be dependable, willing to take initiative and adapt to a variety of situations.
- Previous marketing/promotional/event experience preferred.
- Must be able to work home games, nights/weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work in outdoor conditions.
- Must be passionate about SoCal SC and/or have a willingness to learn about the organization.
- This list of position functions is not all-inclusive and may be supplemented or modified.
- Applicants must apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume and answers to the pre-screen questions below:
- Yes/No: Are you able and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays?
- Yes/No: Are you able and willing to work every SoCal SC Home Match during the 2017 NPSL season (March-August)?
- Yes/No: Are you able and willing to work 20-30 hours/month?
- Yes/No: Are you able and willing to lift and carry at least 30lbs?
- Yes/No: Are you at least 18 years old?
- Selected candidates will be required to participate in a phone interview
- Second round interviews must take place in-person at San Bernardino Soccer Complex
- Final candidates must successfully pass a background check
All individuals that share the SoCal SC philosophy of #RaisingTheBar are welcome to apply!
The SoCal SC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send your resume to: info@TheSoCalSports.Club