Event Operations Team – Southern California Sports Club (San Bernardino, CA)
The SoCal SC is seeking qualified individuals to participate behind the scenes on match days and during special events. The candidate will be an essential part of the Event Operations team by providing material and operational support to SoCal SC. This position will provide a broad and extensive resume-building experience for individuals interested in event or sports management fields.
- Organize, manage and transport operations equipment for SoCal SC home matches and special events
- Coordinate event logistics, including development and execution of—floor plans, collateral placement, crowd management and emergency safety measures
- Set-up and dress activation areas according to Marketing and Sponsorship contract obligations
- Assist on-field activities on match days by setting up team benches and locker rooms, managing ball kids, sitting stretcher crew and leading kids in pre-game/half-time ceremonies
- Load and transport equipment and manage activations at all grassroots marketing events
- Represent the SoCal SC and its respective partners/sponsors with pride and passion
- Additional duties assigned by direct supervisor
- Manage time effectively, with the ability to perform well with strict deadlines
- Be comfortable multi-tasking and problem-solving in a fast-paced environment
- Perform strenuous physical duties, including carrying heavy boxes and equipment
- Maintain an effective working relationship with coworkers, fans, vendors and sponsors
- Follow all policies, procedures and safety precautions established by the SoCal SC
- Demonstrate a flexible schedule and show willingness to work a minimum of 20-30 hours monthly during peak season (Mar-Aug), including extended and irregular shifts
- Access to a car, a clean driving record, proof of auto insurance and a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the San Bernardino soccer market is preferred
- Applicants must apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume and answers to the pre-screen questions below:
- Yes/No: Are you able and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays?
- Yes/No: Are you able and willing to work every SoCal SC Home Match during the 2017 NPSL season (March-August)?
- Yes/No: Are you able and willing to work 20-30 hours/month?
- Yes/No: Are you able and willing to lift and carry at least 30lbs?
- Yes/No: Are you at least 18 years old?
- Selected candidates will be required to participate in a phone interview
- Second round interviews must take place in-person at San Bernardino Soccer Complex
- Final candidates must successfully pass a background check
All individuals that share the SoCal SC philosophy of #RaisingTheBar are welcome to apply!
The SoCal SC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send your resume to: info@TheSoCalSports.Club