Mascot Performer – Califa – SoCal SC (San Bernardino, CA)
Position Summary: SoCal SC is seeking an energetic and talented individual to become the Mascot Performer for the Club. Califa acts an ambassador of the Club while performing to a wide array of audiences at home matches and various community events. The Mascot Performer is responsible for engaging and entertaining fans, while accurately representing the SoCal SC brand. This is an appearance-based role. The Mascot Performer can expect to work approximately 4-6 appearances per month for during season (Jan-Jul), and 1-2 appearances per month during off-season (Aug-Dec).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the official mascot of the SoCal SC.
- Uphold the mascot character, being an ambassador for the Club, while effectively engage audiences.
- Assist with maintenance and care of the mascot costume.
- Effectively promote the Club and manage/engage crowds and event attendees.
- Other responsibilities/tasks related to the mascot program.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working as a mascot performer in professional or collegiate sports.
- Able to relate and respond to various personalities and actions, especially children.
- Able to exercise flexibility, diplomacy and tact.
- Professional, responsible and punctual.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and non-verbal).
- Able to excite, motivate and entertain a crowd.
- Flexible/adaptable to changing environments.
- Excellent knowledge of the game of soccer, playing experiences a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and make timely adjustments in a stressful environment.
- Comfortable performing in front of large crowds.
- Ability to attend all home games, arriving 2hrs before kickoff, as well as various community events.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
- While performing the duties of the job, the Mascot Performer is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, run, use a handler, reach, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Excellent athletic fitness and ability level required.
- Must be able to withstand and perform in extreme heat conditions, restrictive outfits and impaired vision due to the mascot costume.
- Able to perform on feet in above-mentioned conditions for at least three hours at a time.
- The necessary height for the person wearing the costume is 5’11” to 6’1”.
Compensation: This is an appearance-based role, and Mascot Performer will be paid per appearance with a rate determined as commensurate with the applicant’s qualifications.
- Applicants must apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume and answers to the pre-screen questions below:
- Yes/No: Are you able and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays?
- Yes/No: Are you able and willing to work every SoCal SC Home Match during the 2017 NPSL season (March-August)?
- Selected candidates will be required to participate in a phone interview
- Second round interviews must take place in-person at San Bernardino Soccer Complex
- Final candidates must successfully pass a background check
All individuals that share the SoCal SC philosophy of #RaisingTheBar are welcome to apply!
The SoCal SC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send your resume to: info@TheSoCalSports.Club