SoCal Insider – SoCal SC (San Bernardino, CA)
The SoCal Insider will be responsible for hosting, writing, and producing original on-camera/radio content, in addition to written publications and stories for the SoCal SC.
JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
- Host weekly website video features
- Write and produce original content for radio, TV, and TheSoCalSports.Club
- Be active on, and willing to establish, a public presence on social media, especially Twitter
- Write original feature stories for TheSoCalSports.Club
- Host on SoCal SC game broadcasts
- Host weekly radio show/podcast
- Represent the SoCal SC acting as a professional ambassador for the club’s brand
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of experience in a similar position
- Strong knowledge in professional soccer with a focus on american soccer
- Must have strong viewer interaction
- Ability to speak in a public setting
- Have previous experience in sports play by play or color commentary
- Have previous experience hosting TV or radio shows
- Must be able to write multiple articles per week
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in groups is a must
- Ability to work long hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Minimal travel may be required
- Must be prepared to submit writing samples
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
To be considered for this position, please submit a link to your demo reel.
- Applicants must apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume and answers to the pre-screen questions below:
- Yes/No: Are you able and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays?
- Yes/No: Are you able and willing to work every SoCal SC Home Match during the 2017 NPSL season (March-August)?
- Please provide a link to your demo reel
- Please provide your twitter account if you have one
- Selected candidates will be required to participate in a phone interview
- Second round interviews must take place in-person at San Bernardino Soccer Complex
- Final candidates must successfully pass a background check
All individuals that share the SoCal SC philosophy of #RaisingTheBar are welcome to apply!
The SoCal SC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send your resume to: info@TheSoCalSports.Club